Motorola (1987) – Originator of Six Sigma – Developed the MAIC Methodology (M – Measure, A – Analyze, I – Improve, C – Control) Allied…
Basically, Six Sigma is the result of processing data that can be used as reference to achieve a near-perfect condition (no defect). Six Sigma is not just a methodology but has become a business strategy to achieve company goals.
According to Peter Pende in his book “The Six Sigma Way: Team Fieldbook, there are six main components of the concept of six sigma as a business strategy;
1. It really put the customer
2. Management based data and facts
3. Focus on process, management and improvement
4. Proactive Management
5. Collaboration without boundaries
6. Always chasing perfection.