Some basic principles of lean manufacturing can be described as below:
1. Identify the product (goods or services) based on customer requirements, or the customer’s perspective. In general, customers will want the quality of the goods or services premises superior quality, competitive price and timely delivery.
2. Value stream mapping process for any product or service.
3. Eliminate all the waste that is processed, ranging from the purchase of raw materials, production
processes and the delivery to the customer. All activities and items that have no added value removed.
4. Controlling and organizing materials, information and products to flow smoothly and efficiently throughout the process of appropriation of raw materials to finished goods by using a Pull system
5. Continuous improvement system innovation in the enterprise, both in terms of techniques, methods, tools to achieve superior quality and continuous improvement
Above the basic principle is to develop a weapons company in terms of Lean. Development of methods and activities can be described as situational according to the conditions of each company. Of course, every company has the character, culture and different conditions. But in general the five basic principles to represent all of the above.